GIN - THE MANUAL
187,00 inkl. moms
- Fri fragt til pakkeshop ved 500 kr.
- Sikker handel med e-mærket
Gin – The Manual af Dave Broom
"You could not write a more sophisticated book or pack more detail onto each page – it is rocket science impressive". Huffington Post
In recent years, gin has shed its old-fashioned image and been reborn as a hot and hip spirit. The number of brands grows every day and bartenders – and consumers – are now beginning to re-examine gin as a quality base spirit for drinks both simple and complex. Now, with more brands available than ever before, it is the time to set out what makes gin special, what its flavours are and how to get the most out of the brands you buy. With this book as your guide, discover:
- How gin is made
- What a botanical is and how they impact a gin's flavour
- What the difference between Dutch, London, Scottish, Spanish and American gins is
- How you drink them to maximise your pleasure
- Whether there is life beyond the gin and tonic
The body of the book covers 120 gins which Dave Broom has tested four ways – with tonic, with lemonade, in a negroni and in a martini – and then scored. In addition, each gin is categorised according to an ingenious flavour camp system, which highlights its core properties and allows you to understand how you can best drink it, and therefore enjoy it.