Fri fragt til GLS PakkeShop ved 500 kr. / 1-2 hverdages levering
Desi Kitchen / Sarah Woods
351,00 inkl. moms
– Webshop med e-mærke
– 365 dages bytteret
– Butikker i København og Aarhus
Desi Kitchen af Sarah Woods
Join Sarah Woods on a mouth-watering celebration of British and South Asian fusion recipes, featuring the Desi communities who created them.
Fascinating exploration and celebration of the food that migrants from the Indian sub-continent have brought to the UK. Each chapter shines a spotlight on a region and gives voice to first-, second- and third-generation diaspora. There are dozens of wonderful recipes, each with its own story of origin and adaptation. – BBC GOOD FOOD
Sarah Woods has spent her whole life surrounded by a fusion of South Asian and British cooking. Now, she speaks to the many desi communities across the UK to provide a unique culinary roadmap to the diaspora of the Indian subcontinent in Britain today.
Traveling from the Pakistani community of Glasgow to the Nepalese community of Kent and everywhere in between, the book explores how groups from different regions have blended their food and culture to create a cuisine that is distinct, special and diverse.
With Sarah's expert guidance, you will:
- Cook Gujarati Hasselback Potato Shaak for an alternative take on a side dish
- Make a Ugandan Chapatti Rolex for a great way to use leftover curry
- Sticky and Spicy Mango Chicken Wings are quick and easy to make and finger licking goo
- Try Welsh Chilli Rarebit with curry oil and crispy shallots
- Dive into Peshawari Bread and Butter Pudding with honeyed figs
Packed with recipes, stories and authentic voices from each of the communities covered, Sarah Woods, finalist of BBC One's Britain's Best Home Cook and herself a second-generation Punjabi, has brought together this collection of mouth-watering dishes and provided a rare and privileged glimpse into desi kitchens from all over modern Britain.